Update 20.05.20 from Border Embroideries
Just a reminder that all schools we supply are now on our website for parents to order their uniform online.
You can view our uniform options here: https://www.border-embroideries.co.uk/schools/st-davids-primary-school-dalkeith.html
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out via email – email@example.com
Head Office & Factory
We now have our sales team working from home and they’re available via email to deal with any current or new order enquiries you may have. We also have a small production team back in the factory, ordering stock for the summer ahead and picking and embroidering stock to fulfil orders. Due to restrictions we are unable to get our full workforce back in, but we are following government advice closely and hope to welcome all staff back in the coming weeks. With this reduced team of staff we currently have back, we will begin shipping orders from the 1st of June. If your order is urgently needed for a date before the 1st of June, please get in touch with us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> – and we can help make other arrangements.
Stores & Online Ordering
We would also like to remind you that ALL schools we supply are now available online for parents to order with home delivery. Find your schools online shop here<https://beschoolwear.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=886e33cfc8097eb3215a4ea11&id=d2b5013e79&e=d0525c3f4d>.
Due to schools and our stores being closed we are expecting an exceptionally large volume of web orders this summer. Can we please ask you to help us flatten the ‘back to school’ curve, by encouraging parents to shop online as soon as possible. This will give us the best chance to make sure all children have their uniform in time for back to school.
Due to social distancing measures, our stores will not cope with the usual ‘back to school’ demand and we are potentially expecting a 1 in 1 out system and very long queues. Again, can we please urge you to let your parents know about our online ordering service as soon as possible to avoid these long wait times. All online orders must be placed before the 20th of July for guaranteed back to school delivery.
We’re here to help as much as possible, so please don’t hesitate to reach out via email with any queries. Please find below some helpful links to share with parents – including sizing guides, online ordering instructions, and our full list of schools online.
Billy Smillie & Family
We expect all pupils to wear full school uniform. Wearing uniform is a badge of pride and shows the identity of our school. We are proud to be recognised as a school in the local community. Please therefore ensure your child is appropriately dressed for school in full uniform including shirt and school tie.
|Uniform consists of:
||PE kit consists of:
- Uniform is available to buy via Border Embroideries (https://www.border-embroideries.co.uk/)
- Iron on badges for jumpers are available from the school office at the cost of £1.50
- School ties are available from the school office at the cost of £5
Your child may be eligible for a Clothing Allowance to help pay for school uniform. Forms are available at the school office and in the Useful Info/ Key Documents tab.
- Indoor shoes are required for all pupils in school. This is largely due to the wet grassy areas in our school grounds. Please ensure your child has indoor shoes to change in to to help us keep our new carpets clean.
- Pupils require a PE kit to be kept in school at all times. Teachers will send this home regularly for washing. PE kit is made up of black/ navy shorts (no logos) and a plain white t-shirt or yellow/ red/ blue t-shirt to represent house colour (no logos). Football strips and branded sportswear are not permitted and should not be sent to school.
- Please ensure all clothing is clearly labelled and identifiable.
- Pupils without the necessary items above will be provided with them from our Cost of the School loan bank.
- Our Parent Council run a nearly new Uniform Shop which was set up in 2018/2019 using Cost of the School Day Funds. You can recycle uniform items which are no longer required. The Parent Council host regular opportunities to display and purchase (small donation/ honesty box) uniform. If you require something specific, please speak with the school office who can contact a Parent Council member.
- Please do not allow your child to wear jewellery or accessories to school. We also request that make-up and nail polish are saved for parties outside of school and at weekends!
- Please refer to your Induction Rainbow Pack for full details about outdoor clothing and messy work!